7 Steps to Better Writing - Charles Maxwell 2020
Develop your ideas
Step 6 – Revise
Next, check the coherence of your ideas. Does your document illustrate clear thinking? Often, the best way to say something will become apparent only after rewriting it several times.
When editing, look for these problems:
· Unclear theme
· Incorrect assumptions
· Lapses in logic
· Irrelevant information
· Inappropriate amount of evidence—both too little and too much
Once you fix those problems, look at each paragraph and ask:
· Does the paragraph address one idea?
· Does the paragraph have a topic sentence?
· Do other sentences support the idea in the topic sentence?
· Do the sentences follow one another in a logical manner?
When providing a lot of information, consider using bullets or numbered lists.